30 Jan The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal and How It Works
We all know how tiresome and time-consuming constant shaving can be – not to mention its abrasiveness on the skin that can cause irritation, chafing, and razor burn.
But things don’t have to work that way. With expert, affordable laser hair removal services, Dr. Moma has helped thousands of patients improve their skin quality and eliminate the need for razors and creams at the same time. Imagine no more nicks on your skin or time in the bathroom shaving your most sensitive areas.
Summer’s here, which means it’s time for the world to see your best self. Laser hair removal is a major aesthetic boost that promotes skin’s sleek, youthful, supple appearance.
Let’s briefly explore what laser hair removal is and how it works.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal is a safe, quick, straightforward and common medical procedure – when it’s done right under the care of a licensed medical professional like Dr. Moma.
Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
- The patient lays on comfortably on a table or in a chair with protective eyeglasses to prevent damage to them. The doctor then applies a numbing agent to soothe and prevent any potential pain.
- The laser heats the pigment (called “melanin”) in the hair and the hair follicles (the tiny sacs under the skin that sprout hairs).
- The follicles become damaged and can no longer grow hair.
- Depending on your skin type and the thickness of the hair growth, you might need to come back for one or more follow-up appointments to fully remove the unwanted hair. Patients typically require 2-6 hair removal sessions to complete the process.
Hair removal works on any skin tone
What are the benefits of hair removal over shaving or other medical treatments?
The benefits of hair removal are threefold:
- Laser hair removal is clinically vetted and produces predictable results based on extensive research.
- The laser removes the unwanted hair without damaging the surrounding skin.
- The entire session takes just a few minutes. Even when the patient requires extensive hair removal, it won’t take more than an hour from start to finish.
What areas can Dr. Moma remove body hair from?
The basic rule of thumb is: if you have unwanted body hair, regardless of where it’s located, Dr. MOma can remove it. Here are the areas she typically removes hair from in her patients:
- Upper lip
- Bikini area
The lasers that Dr. Moma uses are gentle yet powerful. Even the thickest hair growth can be stopped in its tracks.
Contact Dr. Moma for more information about laser hair removal
To ditch the razor and rid yourself of unwanted body hair once and for all, contact Dr. Sylvienash Moma, DNP. She and her expert Colorado Springs support staff specialize in delivering industry-leading results.
Review testimonials from real-life patients who have benefitted from Dr. Moma’s anti-aging and aesthetic services.